Adjust story text size:
We are living in a time where change and conditions in the world are frightening. Many of us also may wonder what is in store for us. As members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we are taught to believe that the future is bright and that there are great things in store for us. There are areas in our life that if worked on, will bring peace and serenity to our souls paving the way for continued happiness.
We need to find and build our relationship with our Heavenly Father and with the Savior wherein he will bring us out of darkness, lighten our load and light the way. As stated in Micah 7:8, “when I sit in darkness, the Lord shall be a light unto me”. Prominent steps to building this relationship include:
1. Daily scripture study – Diligently study the scriptures and offer prayers to find answers from God’s words. They have been given to us as a guide and roadmap back to He that sent us.
2. Attending Church Services – We need to attend church services weekly to receive inspiration and knowledge. When attending services we will likewise be uplifted and inspired by others.
3. Provide Service to Others – When you are in the service to others you are in the service of God. Any and every act of unselfish service brings us closer to God. If we review the Saviors life we find that everything he did while on earth was related to service. By taking on ourselves his name, and calling ourselves Christians, we have committed to know him and to pattern our lives after his.
4. Tithes and Offerings – Pay our tithing and offerings so that the windows of heaven can be opened to bless us as described in Malachi 3:10. What more uplifting and spiritual comfort can we receive than the feeling of hope and love that come from providing for those who are less fortunate.
5. Prayer – If we seek, hope, believe, and pray we will receive answers, comfort, and guidance to our questions and needs from He that has sent us.
I offer my testimony to each and every one, that if we pattern our lives after the Savior and incorporate the above principles into our lives we will find happiness and joy in this life. By replacing one’s self with faith, inspired thought and service the future will remain bright.